Newbury News Ltd first published in 1867 by Walter Blacket and Thomas Wheildon Turner. It has been independently and family-owned since its establishment, with Blacket Turner & Co being formed in the 1980s.
The family run business has always printed newspapers in Newbury since first publishing and in the last ten years invested £17 million.
- 6 unit Universal press installed in 2004
- 2 unit Uni-liner press installed in 2007
- Off Line Muller Stitch & Trim 2014
Newbury print centre has one of the largest paginated presses for regional newspapers printing with an impressive portfolio of regional publishers as Contract Print clients, servicing an impressive range of paper widths and grades with national’s deadlines.
The print centre is ideally situated on the M4 corridor with quick connection to the M4, M3 and A34, allowing the centre to print for publishers within the Midlands and Southern UK whilst offering an effective wholesale delivery times.
The Company employs 80 staff of which 36 staff work within the print centre
Newbury demonstrates an outstanding customer service ethos and being part of a publisher and printer we truly understand the needs of publishing and the ability to adapt quickly to publishing diversity.